Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

assign ip to mac address

6 Replies 6

Hi,
IP addresses are normally assigned by a DHCP server, please provide more information on your request.
Are you using Remote Access VPN on the FTD?

HTH

@Rob Ingram 

i want to assign ip to specific mac address  to use them in Access policy to allow and block URLs 

Ok, use DHCP reservation on your DHCP server to assign the same IP address to that MAC address, then use that IP address in your ACP.

Alternatively you could create ACP rules based on AD usernames or groups, which would be more scalable than IP address.

@Rob Ingram 

I dont have AD or DHCP server the FTD is my DHCP 

You cannot configuration DHCP reservations when using FTD, it provides basic DHCP functionality. You'll have to configure the devices with static IP addresses if you wish to create access control rules based on source IP address.

Since DHCP Role is to dynamically allocate IP address - if you looking any ACP for this device.

1. you need to allocate fixed IP address reservation on DHCP

2. reboot the device and check new IP is effective.

3. Create an object with the static IP and make the ACP rule.

Another side - I do not see in FTD or ASA these features available in Checkpoint. (maybe I am ignorance to explore)

if your DNS and DHCP Setup correctly, you can use standard Hostname - BBHOST ( checkpoint resolves hostname into IP and take action on access policy).

Good feature if cisco can opt for this.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card