cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backing up ACS appliance

Colin Higgins
Level 2
Level 2

I have a new ACS 5.6 appliance that I want to periodically back up. I went to System Administration-->Scheduled Backups and configured two backups

one to a local repository, and one to a TFTP server on the network

For the TFTP server I specified the folder the server is using for the TFTP root (/ACS) and provided an encryption password.

Problem is, this doesn't seem to be working, and I don't see anything is the reports indicating if the system tried to back up, if there was a failure, or why. I do see an error about incremental backup purges no being configured, but that seems to be something different

is there something else I have to do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would try an FTP or SFTP server instead. TFTP does not play well with larger files. If you don't have a FTP/SFTP server already you can try one of the free ones out there just to test and confirm. FreeFTPD is a free and very easy to use:

http://www.freesshd.com/

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would try an FTP or SFTP server instead. TFTP does not play well with larger files. If you don't have a FTP/SFTP server already you can try one of the free ones out there just to test and confirm. FreeFTPD is a free and very easy to use:

http://www.freesshd.com/

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

I will try SFTP and see if that works

one question though: the SFTP server obviously uses the SFTP root under 

c:\Program Files (x86)\FreeFTPd\sftproot

within ACS, do I specify /  as the path?

Cool. Definitely let us know how it goes. 

If you leave the path as " / " then the repository will be based on the root directory for that SFTP user. The root directory would be defined on the SFTP server along with the SFTP user. If you want to give it a sub-directory of let's say "ise" then you would use " /ise " - Of course without the quotes

Thank you for rating helpful posts

It worked

one caveat -you have to add the host key of the SFTP server in the ACS appliance (ssh in and add it)

after that it works fine

thanks for your help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card