Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I'm getting ready to upgrade an old 5505 this weekend. Looking to verify the upgrade path I've researched. Current ASA/ASDM level is 8.3.1/6.3.1. Upgrade doc shows max level of 9.2.4/7.4.3+. I'm planning on using the ASDM upgrade wizard. I've gathere...

After Upgrade Firepower from version 5 to 6 too many problems. I suggest who wants to upgrade to version 6 to wait until some minor update release. Some problems: 1. Snort crash if SMB File analysis is enabled; 2. Even if you disable inspect on ASA (...

I have attempted to open three ports on our firewall.  Only when I test the ports using an open port checker tool online, I get a response that the ports are closed.  I'm not understanding why these ports are not getting hits or showing open.  Can so...

gmcclana by Level 1
  • 20 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have seen the threads on the JUNOS to ASA conversion topics from a few years ago. And now i am in the same spot i need to migrate away from Juniper SRX (thankfully) to Cisco ASA. Does anyone know of any tools out there? Python anything that will as...

I received a used ASA 5510 from a friend, when I plug it in everything comes on but when I log into the CLI I get no output at all I verified the com ports are correct, is it broke? or Do I need to tried and re-image both internal and external flash ...

bryondial by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello! I have asa 5506x Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 9.5(1)Device Manager Version 7.6(1)Compiled on Wed 12-Aug-15 12:18 PDT by buildersSystem image file is "disk0:/asa951-lfbff-k8.SPA" Hardware:   ASA5506, 4096 MB RAM, CPU Atom ...

The FirePower button is not visible in ASDM (it was originally on the management interface). I changed it to the internal LAN in the CLI, it appears to load at startup but I don't have the configuration button anymore in ASDM and no option to add it....

Hi All, I just need to confirm if Cisco Firepower Interfaces configured in inline group can be configured and paired as sub interfaces and then mapped to the zones or I need to map physical interfaces only for inline interfaces ? ====================...

dhr.tech1 by Spotlight
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi! We got a lot of these Errors in the Event viewer on a customer's Domain Controller that has the Cisco Firepower User Agent installed. I can't find any information why these ends up in the System log, any ideas how we fix it? Log Name:      Syste...

Hi, 1. Does FTD support multi-context mode? If not, then is there a best practice guide (or any suggestions?) on how to convert a ASA with multiple contexts to FTD? Eg: 1 context on ASA = 1 zone on FTD ? ?? 2. Can I install an Identity Certificate...

Hi all, quick question - if i configured an object called AVobject (IP of host 192.168.4.2) to NAT to an outside IP address (i.e 50.50.50.50), do I need to create an additional outside rule to translate it back? (50.50.50.50, translated to 192.168.4...