Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

DNS redirect on a ASA5505

I want to make it so if a user tries to use a different DNS server the request will be redirected to the one they should be using.I thought this might work but the ASA doesn't do PB routingip access-list extended transparent_dnspermit udp any any eq ...

jgeorge by Beginner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Nat Help

HI there.I've had a request that i'd like to run past the group as i'm confused on how this may look / work.A client has asked us to setup a VPN to thier office but only allow the connection from one internal IP. Users would have to access this remot...

ASA object service

hello i'm little confused about argument "source" and "destination" behind object service protocal.here is simple example:ASA-FW01(config)# object service 3389 ASA-FW01(config-service-object)#  service tcp ?service-object mode commands/options:  dest...

clin by Beginner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

ASA5510 Dual DMZ interfaces

Hi, I want to create a Dual DMZ in a ASA5510 however it is not like I used to in ASA5505 In ASA5505 I create a Outside, Inside and DMZ VLAN and there after add the interfaces into the VLAN.This way I can have two DMZ interfaces, but how do I do it in...

ast by Beginner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Getting internet access on an ASA5510

Hi,I see this is a popular one, but I can't see what I have done wrong.the set-up is: a DSL modem in half bridge (it does all the PPPoE connection) passes our static IP (55.167.x.x) to the ASA's outside interface ... (the modem has an IP of 192.168.1...

JossEllis by Beginner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

ASA 5510 - active/passive setup - active starts/persists dropping VPN/SSH connections until reload

Hey guys,We have 2 Cisco 5510's setup in active/passive firewall mode with both firewalls running ASA version 8.2(2)I've reviewed the syslogs and from one incident this morning the active/primary started giving 211001: Memory allocation Error, which ...

justin.au by Beginner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ASDM cannot be loaded

Good morning.ASDM cannot be loaded. Click OK to exit ASDM. Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL:https://x.x.x.x/admin/exec/show+version/show+curpriv/perfmon+intervalHas anyone received this error before? I'm attempting to access the ASDM e...

rjpdmbmap by Beginner
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

ASA doesn't send traffic to IPS module

Hello friends,I've installed AIP-SSM module in ASA, configed it, but have no see alerts. What i have:ASA 5520 8.2AIP-SSM 7.0(2)E4ASA# sh service-policy ipsGlobal policy:   Service-policy: global_policy    Class-map: IPS_TRAFFIC-CLASS      IPS: card s...

IDSM-2 , Account locked

hi,we have an IDSM-2 module. i disable default cisco account on it. and create another administrator account. but this account has been locked because of 3 times failure login. i dont know what should i do for unlocking the account and login to modul...

Resolved! bi-directional nat ok, tcp failing

For the life of me I can't get his one working. Public IP range is 1.1.1.128 255.255.255.128 and internal networks are 10.1.3.0 /24 (servers) and 10.1.7.0 /24 (clients). I have a static NAT translation so outside users can access an internal web serv...

UDP Packet attack - IPS detection

Hi,I have been having logs for Access-lists configured on an interface on my 6509. Can anyone advise please if I am understanding it correct that IP10.61.64.202 is responsible for bursting attacks on udp port. Many thanks in advance for providing ins...

jpugliese by Beginner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: