Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi With the same FTP Client behind the firewall, we are trying to access 2 different FTP servers on Internet. The 1st FTP server is working without issue and able to transfer file.But for the 2nd FTP server we unable to transfer the file. FTP inspect...

I am pretty new to Cisco networking and would greatly appreciate some assistance with setting up a test router to use from home to connect into our network. My organization would like for us to provide upper management with home office setups to give...

It is my understanding that the FWSM for the 6500 series switches uses a 6 port Etherchannel on the backplane to communicate with the 6500 series switch.Can you shutdown vlan1 on the switch and still communicate with the FWSM? I was under the impress...

Ok, I can't for the life of my figure out why internal syslog traffic would be dropped at the firewall.  I've come across a few support forums with comments like 'disable the specific syslog error, etc.' however this does not fix my problem.  I need ...

Does anyone know the significance of the output of "show memory app-cache" command on an asa firewall?I am mostly interested in what is going on when the "SNP Run-time Inspec" count hits the 325 limit...pertaining to troubleshootingS2S tunnels.  I sa...

I have a question about the threat detection on ASA.  We use to have a custom script that ran against Pix firewalls that more or less did the same thing as threat detection.  We have since discontinued using the script in favor of the built in threat...

I am setting up PPPoE client on the ASA trying to connect to a ADSL model. I can confirm the ADSL model is working fine with my laptop acting as the PPPoE client and I can get to the Internet (username and password are correct from ISP). I use the fo...

joe.ho by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've been trying to configure this Cisco ASA 5505 for days now. I used to be able to use the ASDM gui application, but i've since transitioned into using the CLI. Trying to go back to ASDM, it won't let me get back in, and when i try show asdm image,...

Hi all,I try to convert a CISCO ASA 8.2 version to 8.4 BUT, I have a small or "little" problem :On Cisco ASA 8.2.x, i have a possibility to create multi-line global with different subnet.Example : global (outside) 2 217.1.x.65-217.x.x.66 netmask 255....

hi,im using a cisco 5520 with 8.4, i try to test my appliance with a syn attack on my published server behind my asa on port 80 and this really really put out of the game my firewall.i used hping security test tool with this commaband .hping -i u1 -S...

Hi all,I configured the ASA failover for one of our customer. The actual problem is that if one interface of the active ASA fails it doesn't switch over to the standby unit. We have to shutdown the primary unit to bring the standby to the active stat...

Hello all,I have a small branch 871 which is about 1800km away from me. I want to remove the complete ZBFW from the router (configured through SDM once) and start from scratch. Obviously I don't want to lock myself out, although there are people onsi...