Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I have two questions, and will appreciate a quick response.I have a VPN 3030 connected on a DMZ Interface via public address. We put the VPN 3030 behind PIX for added security.1) What kind of address translation do I need to allow VPN users coming f...

We currently have a Installation of Ciscoworks Lan that was upgraded to all of the latestest versions(RME 3.5, Common Services SP2, DFM 1.2, CM 3.3) as well as windows 2000 SP4 and all current windows updates. Also all of the Apache and SSL updates w...

miwitte by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Has anybody deployed dmvpn with vrf forwarding?I can not get eigrp working under the address family.For example:interface Tunnel10 ip vrf forwarding SDPI ip address 206.200.167.1 255.255.255.0 no ip redirects ip mtu 1300 ip nhrp map multicast dynamic...

cconte by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

trying to use static (inside,outside) and access list to make use of aditional ip.access-list acl_out permit icmp any any echo-reply access-list acl_out permit icmp any any unreachable access-list acl_out permit icmp any any time-exceeded access-list...

I am having an issue with my pix stopping traffic between inside to DMZ web server. Normally, I can get from an inside computer to the web server in the DMZ. Then all of a sudden it stops. The PC's can no longer get to the web server. I have to g...

dwilkes by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Anyone heard of a restricted license on the switch interfaces of a 501? I have a customer that can only access 2 of the 4 switch ports? As far as I know, the 501 only comes with user based licenses. Any ideas?Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(3)134Ci...

jjohann63 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiWe are migrating from Checkpoint to PIX. We have inside, outside, and DMZ interfaces. On the DMZ, we will have web servers with private addresses, the outside world connects to these servers through statics on the PIX.We currently have the CP in pl...

I had enabled timestamp by the follow commands.clock set 14:25:00 apr 1 2000logging timestampbut when i use sh log command to view the log,there is no timestamps:302015: Built inbound UDP connection -540117333 for outside:10.0.0.1/64911(10.1.1.1/6490...

xuan.z by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When the secondary is active, the primary answers for the shared mac-address, this should not be the case. The switches get confused and intermitten problems occur. This only happens on the outside interface.Any suggestions

I currently have two problems with my setup. They may be connected but not sure.1. The outside link on the firewall will not reapond to and requests. I know that the exgternal connection is working but nothing is communicating. The internal network i...

I am in the process of setting up VMS and have noticed that with every 'save and deploy' that I do, that all of my Pix's (which run VPN's) are given the following commands:‘no crypto map x interface outside’‘crypto map x 20 set security-association l...

pkinzel by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm running a PIX 501 from my primary office location running NAT. I'm trying to connect to a ConnectEnterprise Secure FTP destination. Because I have no previous experience configuring a PIX to work with a FTPS server, I was hoping for some help. Be...

Hi,Is it possible to restrict traffic types over a site to site vpn with PIX. I am looking to restrict traffic to smtp, ping and pop3.I have the vpn working at the moment, but every time I change the access-list it stops working! I have also tried ap...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card