cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Block web access on cisco asa 5525x

khurramnawaz17
Level 1
Level 1

I have cisco asa 5525x in my network and I want to block users to social websites i.e. ( youtube, facebook, dailymotion etc etc). I also want to block web access if someone use vpn and try to access these sites. I am new to asa please guide me how I can achieve this task through CLI and through ASDM. Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can't really use a base ASA 5525-X for that purpose. It has some very crude filtering but it's not really usable for category-based filtering like you're asking about.

If you have the Firepower service module with URL filtering license you can setup a policy for it that blocks social media sites.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can't really use a base ASA 5525-X for that purpose. It has some very crude filtering but it's not really usable for category-based filtering like you're asking about.

If you have the Firepower service module with URL filtering license you can setup a policy for it that blocks social media sites.

Agree with Marvin..

The only issue is that the URL license is a bit useless now a days, when looking at the encryption percentage.. I would advice you to take a look at Umbrella instead, this might solve all your needs. Quick and easy to implement, and protects your clients off the network as well.

/Nikolaj

I'm with Nikolaj on the endorsement for Umbrella. It's an awesome product.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card