Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking TikTok app on Firepower 2140

net_ad
Level 1
Level 1

The 2140s are managed by FMC.

In my ACPs, I have a policy for blocking. In this policy, the main components it is blocking are URLs. We have all the default groups that should be blocked. And we also have a custom list of URLs that we block to. This list is made in Objects> security intelligence> URL lists and feeds.

https://imgur.com/a/admkjnI

The list is just a .txt file that is a master list of 1500+ URLs that we block and I just upload it into FMC. One of the urls on the list is www.tiktok.com, and it works great at blocking access to tiktok from a web browser.

The issue is that the tiktok app is still accessible. Weather it be a windows app or a ios/android phone app, you can still access it that way.

You can see in the screenshot of the access control policy that I did add tiktok and tiktok music app to the block list. That did not block the tiktok app though. I then went into objects>application filters and created a custom filter. I named it Tiktok and in there, also added tiktok and tiktok music app. I then applied that filter to the ACP. Still no luck. Tiktok is still accessible on phones and windows apps.

So I started to watch the logs as I was accessing tiktok from my phone to see what is coming up. I can see the tiktok web application being used, and noticed that everytime it is accessed, it is a different url everytime....

https://imgur.com/a/FHswKip

So my question is, what is the right way to make sure the tiktok app is blocked from our network? Am I doing the app blocking correctly? Is there some type of wildcard url filter I need to put in to block all the random tiktok urls coming up from the app being used? As I said, i am blocking "www.tiktok.com" from web browsers via url filtering, but just cant figure out how to block the actual app.

Thanks!

15 Replies 15

Seems like this is going to get more complicated than what I thought 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card