cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cable Sites accessing network via VPN and Imagistics network copiers

michaelrhoden
Level 1
Level 1

We have a couple of sites that are hooked to cable connections but tunnel into out network via VPN. We have purchased several Imagistics network copiers for our different departments.

At these two sites that tunnel into us via VPN, I cannot access, or even ping for that matter, the copier while I am tunnelled into our network on site. If I disconnect from the VPN (and our network) I can ping the copier and access it. These sites must have access to the copier while attached to out network via VPN.

I have checked the Allow Local Lan Access box in the VPN client which should allow access to the copier, but that does not work also. And the IP address that I gave to the copier is a good one. As I said, I can ping the copier and access it all day....as long as I am not attached to the VPN.

5 Replies 5

s-doyle
Level 3
Level 3

What is the IP range that you are using for these two sites. Is it the private IP range. Check if the same IP range is used on the other side of VPn also. If there is address duplication the devices will become inaccessible. Please check on this aspect.

Thank you for your reply. I am getting the IP address that I want to use on the other side of the VPN (while the VPN is not connected and tunneling through to us). When the VPN is connected, it is using a totally seperate range of IP addresses.

This is just a weird problem that is vexing me and my network guy. :)

Local lan access on the software client side requires head end vpn device support - toggling it off or on on the client side does nothing if the head end has that functionality disabled. These cable connected sites - are the hosts there just using a software vpn client to connect to the main office?

Yes, they tunnel in to us via cable connection through Knology using Cisco VPN clients.

The vpn head end will need to be configured for split tunnelling, or you could consider installing a network device (pix 501, 3002 concentrator, IOS router), and having a site to site vpn tunnel for each cable connected site.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card