cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I Show or view License L-ASA5506-TA= on ASA5506?

huypd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I need some help about this case.

My customer have a Firewall ASA5506 . As I know, A Protection (L-ASA5506-TA=) license is automatically included (along with a Control license).

So can I show it or view it for my customer so they can know that this license already exists?

Thank you guys!

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot confirm the active license status or term length directly from the ASA - only the fact that you have applied such license to the ASA.

It can only be confirmed on the Cisco side via the software.cisco.com or mce.cisco.com (My Cisco Entitlements) portals.

Hi Marvin Rhoads, Thank you for your anwer.

So it mean license L-ASA5506-TA= unavailable on ASA5506, please help me where i can get license L-ASA5506-TA= if i don't have PAK.

Thank you!

You don't ever apply or install that license on a device. It is strictly a service subscription entitlement.

You must install the (no cost) Protect+ Control license. That plus the entitlement for the TA license allows you to legally update the SRU, VDB and Geolocation information from cisco.com.

There is not any technical enforcement of the TA entitlement by Cisco at this time.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card