cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I upgrade FWSM 4.0.3 to 4.0.17 with Chassis IOS s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SXH4.bin ?

shain bharati
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can I upgrade FWSM 4.0.3 to 4.0.17  with Chassis IOS s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SXH4.bin ?

In chassis's slot we have ACE and FWSM slot also. if I will upgrade chassis it will reboot ACE too.

I do not want to reload Chassis.

Thanks,

Shain Bharati        

2 Replies 2

Hi Shain

I upgraded my client's Cisco FWSM from 4.0.3 to 4.1.7 few months ago, and everything was good. I didn't have to do incremental upgrade as proposed by Cisco (best practise). This saves time because in the real world, we don't normally have the luxury of long maintenance window (in a non-HA environment).

However, if you choose to upgarde to 4.0.17, that's fine too. The upgrade has no bearing to the IOS version currently running in your C6509 chassis. This is because the FWSM runs on its' own operating system.

For further details on this, you could refer to http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/fwsm/fwsm41/release/notes/fwsmrn41.html

If you ask me personally, go for 4.1.9 as your FWSM will then be covered with the latest bug fixes.

P/S: If you think this comment is helpful, please do rate them accordingly.

Warm regards,
Ramraj Sivagnanam Sivajanam

Hi Ramraj,

I am going to upgrade FWSM version 3.2(23) to 4.1(9) in couple of weeks, I read in the release notes that the configurations will be automatically changed. Could you pls let me know where can I find the new features or major differences in 4.1(9)? Also, is there any procedure to manually upgrade like from 3.2 4 and then from 4 to 4.1?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card