cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can LDAP-authenticated remote user be assigned a connection profile?

mcmurphytoo
Level 1
Level 1

ASA 5510 ASA 8.0 ASDM 6.1 I want some remote users to have split-tunnel connection, others not.  I used Cisco Document ID 100936 "Allow Split Tunneling for AnyConnect VPN Client on the ASA Configuration...".  I created a new Group Policy with split-tunnel enabled.  I created a new Connection Profile and assigned to it the new Group Policy.  When I authenticate at the AnyConnect client I get a dropdown of the 2 connecton profiles, to choose the one I want.  Each of them works, enabling or disabling split-tunnel.  But I want to assign a connection profile to the particular user, not give the user a choice.  The problem is I'm using LDAP authentication.  The Local Users I set up before LDAP are obsolete, assigning them a Group Policy does nothing.  I really don't want to give up LDAP and force people back to another local password.  But the LDAP authentication to Active Directory just says yes or no, it won't assign a connection profile.  At the AnyConnect Connection Profiles page I have set a switch "Allow user to select connection profile, identified by its alias, on the login page.  Otherwise, DefaultWebVPNGroup will be the connection profile".  If I clear that switch every user will be assigned the same default profile, which does not help.  So I'm feeling kind of stuck.  Any ideas?   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Fournier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can switch the LDAP users group-policy through an ldap attribute-map.

This is explained in details under the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00808d1a7c.shtml

Regards,

Nicolas

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Nicolas Fournier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can switch the LDAP users group-policy through an ldap attribute-map.

This is explained in details under the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00808d1a7c.shtml

Regards,

Nicolas

Thanks.  I had the LDAP Attribute map set up to allow or not allow connection, based on the Active Directory remote access Allow or No attribute.  I can revise that to use group policy membership to get multiple choice - Allow, Allow without split tunnel, Allow with split tunnel.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card