cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't select type of Licensing on FMC

KerberosVE
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 Cisco ASA 5508-X with FirePOWER and FMC.
I add the license to the FMC and show the licenses for 2 devices (see the first pic).

But when try to add the device all checkboxes are blocked in the licensing option (see the second pic).

I tried to add the firepower without select the licensing option and after edit for select but I can't select.
Any idea?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to also have the prerequisite Control license for your FirePOWER modules. It is a no cost license and the PAK is included on a paper output claim certificate with the ASA.

Until you have it, the other license types are not available to apply - even though they are available on the FMC.

If it has been misplaced, your reseller can retrieve the PAK for it from the Cisco order fulfillment system (CSCC).  

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to also have the prerequisite Control license for your FirePOWER modules. It is a no cost license and the PAK is included on a paper output claim certificate with the ASA.

Until you have it, the other license types are not available to apply - even though they are available on the FMC.

If it has been misplaced, your reseller can retrieve the PAK for it from the Cisco order fulfillment system (CSCC).  

you rocks Marvin, i search the PAK in the ASA box and generate the control license.

Grax bro.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card