cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot access FW ASDM

ishh
Level 1
Level 1

I created new subnet for new Wifi but I cannot access my Asdm from that subnet . I can ping all other IP address and the subnet in which FW Ip Address exist but cannot even ping FW ip address. I have new subnet in Device Management >Management Acess>ASDM http/ssh 

dont know what else to check 

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

how about Inside and Lan subnet are you able to access ASDM ?

show run will help to identify what is wrong ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Default gateway of my new subnet is same ASA then one I want to access .. so from ASDM ( which I am accessing at the moment from old subnets ). I can ping defaulty gateway which is ASA but cannot ping from ASA any other IP address of new subnet , dont know where to check routing .. In static routing if I add my new subnet it gives me error that route already exists .. 

I can access ASDM from LAN subnet and old wifi subnets and from VPN pool, cannot access it only from new subnet I created . 

may be unfortunately , show run I will not able to send 

we would like to see how the routing or some relevant config to understand the issue

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@balaji.bandi by default you should be able to ping the ASA's closest interface (unless you've got an ICMP acl). Assuming you don't have an ICMP acl on the ASA, ping the new wireless network SVI from the ASA itself. If you cannot ping this new network, check your routing

Default gateway of my new subnet is same ASA then one I want to access .. so from ASDM ( which I am accessing at the moment from old subnets ). I can ping defaulty gateway which is ASA but cannot ping from ASA any other IP address of new subnet , dont know where to check routing .. In static routing if I add my new subnet it gives me error that route already exists .. 

@ishh the fact that you have permitted the HTTP/SSH traffic from the new network and cannot connect via HTTP/SSH or ICMP would probably indicate a routing issue or you've incorrectly configure the ASA.

Provide "show run http", "show run ssh", "show nameif" and "show route" - tell us the new network.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card