Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot communicate with system processes error

pmacdanel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

It seems after S159 our IDS's started refusing any config updates/remote logins and returning "cannot communicate with system processes" shortly after login and then disconnecting the session. I see there are some patches available on TAC.

I can't tell if the IDS has any of these patches or not. It reports 4.1-4 Should the IDS report a version with a letter of the patch if it has any installed. Also, does this problem sound like the out of memory bug I have seen mentioned before? The memory usage on the sensors reports 98%

Any help is appreciated!

2 Replies 2

jamesand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only indication of a patched sensor is the status list of components, like Analysis Engine. Instead of "(Release)" it will have the patch version.

Yes, this could be the out of memory issue that can occur during a sigupdate.

NOTE: the memory usage portion of show version in 4.x is incorrect because it does not take into account the OS cached memory that is available for use. It may show that most of the memory is used when actually there is plenty available.

Thank you. That is most helpful.It appears there is no patch applied so I will try that and see what happens..

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card