Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot delete access control policy

hoffa2000
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

Has anyone come across a case where you are unable to delete a policy from a DC? I have a policy with 0 applied devices on my 5.3.1 Virtual DC that gives me "This policy cannot be deleted because it is applied or currently applying to one or more devices.

Regards

/Fredrik

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I haven't seen it firsthand but vaguely recall another customer reporting it.

It's a bug condition that I believe was solved by restarting the DC.

If you open a TAC case, they may be able to assist with a less disruptive approach by dropping into the expert command shell and unlocking the file that's causing the incorrect indication you're getting.

I have just run into the same issue, and rebooting the FireSIGHT VM made no difference, I still can't delete the policy.

Same for me, reboot didn't help

/Fredrik

It seems to have a positive effect to leave a device target on, let the system apply (even fail), and then deleting it. But you have to wait and be patient while the "Applying policies" window is on and not click away. It may take 10-15 minutes. If the notice regarding the task has been queued comes on, go to the tasks section and wait for it to finish completely and then attempt to delete the policy.

kdiongon1
Level 1
Level 1

The way i did it was to Click Apply on my recent/other AC and after it's done you can then delete that policy you just had troubled with.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card