Views
Helpful
Replies

Change FireSight Manager IP Address

Anish Chauhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We need to change the IP address of the Firesight Manager but whilst we think we've done this through the configure-network script, the FSM console doesn't seem to be loading when we log in. I seem to recall that we need to change the IP address elsewhere. 

Does anyone know what else we need to do here?

Thanks, Anish

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you get a command prompt when you ssh to the FMC?

If so, then you can use the following:

sudo /usr/local/sf/bin/configure-network

I don't have mine in front of me but you may need to drop into expert mode first (i.e. the Linux OS). Simply type "expert" for that.

Hi Marvin,

Yes the FSM is a VM so we changed the IP address at the command line via the VM console and used the configure-network script located in the path you stated.  This enabled us to change the IP address.  However the issue is since doing so the FSM web UI at the new IP address doesn't load even though network connectivity using ping has been verified. We get the certificate warning but then nothing else. 

I think we're going to try changing to the new IP address within the FSM web UI first and then changing the IP address using the sudo /usr/local/sf/bin/configure-network method. 

I'll let you know how we get on.

Best regards, Anish

How did you go about with this? We're in the process of changing into a new domain. I'd like to think that i just need to run the script again. Ip address will be the same

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card