Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change SFR IP address

Hello,

We have an ASA with Firepower Services. The ASA is a 5545-X with software version 9.6(2). We have a virtual FMCv wich is the manager of the SFR device. The FMC has an ip address in the vlan 10.11.12.x, and the SFR has an ip address in the 10.11.14.x vlan. The ASA has a policy to redirect the assigned traffic trough the SFR device for policies inspection, URL categorization, ips and so. 

It is required to change the ip address of the SFR device to the 10.11.12.x range.

I know using "configure network" command on the sfr module I could change the SFR ip address.

But what else I need to do for update it in the FMC? What else I have to consider?

Thanks.

Luigi. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you dont need to change the ACL-SFR policy in the ASA. as long as the SFR sensor and the vFMC communication in place you good no need to change of anything else.

please do not forget to rate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Update the device's management address in the FMC by going into the device details, move the slider to deactivate management, edit the management address and then mode the slider back to reactivate management.

Thanks a lot Marvin,

There is an additional consideration to take at the ACL-SFR policy in the ASA when the traffic es redirected? or should it work fine after returning back the redirect?

Thanks again.

you dont need to change the ACL-SFR policy in the ASA. as long as the SFR sensor and the vFMC communication in place you good no need to change of anything else.

please do not forget to rate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: