Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5506-X Firepower License

dj0321
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Folks,

I have a Cisco ASA that was given to me by a company that went out of business. I have repurposed this ASA in my lab environment for testing different features of the ASA. I am trying to figure out how to license the FirePower inside this ASA. Do I have to purchase this license? I am seeing posts online about the license being free. If the license is not free, can someone link me to a page where I can purchase one for cheap. Also, if there are different versions of the license, please let me know. Thanks!

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

its not free you need order: If you have CCO account you able to download Firepower, you get demo License (or partner can help to learn) - but if you like Long run License below information help for License.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/datasheet-c78-733916.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Protect and Control license is free but does require ordering a $0 SKU and applying it.

The IPS term subscription as well as URL Filtering and Malware licenses are all paid items.

Also, to be eligible to download new software you must have a current support contract ("Smartnet") for the device.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card