CISCO ASA 5506-X

Vishal K.
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I have Cisco ASA BOM with me :

CISCO ASA 5506-X BOM
L-AC-PLS-3Y-S1Cisco AnyConnect Plus License, 3YR, 25-99 Users25
ASA5506-SEC-BUN-K9Cisco ASA 5506-X Network Security/Firewall Appliance - 8 Port  Desktop, Rack-mountable1
CON-SNTP-ASA550K93YR SNTC 24X7X4 ASA 5506 with FirePOWER1
ASA5506-PWR-AC=ASA 5506-X Power Adaptor1

I need to know 1 thing here :

1. What all are the things i can achieve with this BOM. ( All the features include firepower services )

2. I see 5506-X firepower services is now EOL, is that so?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

what is BOM? 

1. What all are the things i can achieve with this BOM. ( All the features include firepower services )

- you can maximuise the most out of it. with layer 7 inspection with URL/IPS/Malware. I can see you have anyconnect lic for 3 year. have you also bought the lic for Firepower?

here it is supported until 2024 even its EOL. 5506-X support upto firepower version 6.2.3. with version upto 9.9x here 

please do not forget to rate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

what is BOM? 

- you can maximuise the most out of it. with layer 7 inspection with URL/IPS/Malware. I can see you have anyconnect lic for 3 year. have you also bought the lic for Firepower?

here it is supported until 2024 even its EOL. 5506-X support upto firepower version 6.2.3. with version upto 9.9x here 

@Sheraz.Salim  Thank you for the update

I need some more info from you if possible. I have this BOM with me only, no exact info they gave me and want me to setup a small enterprise and solution in which they required like checkpoint identity awareness and ssl vpn kind of solution.

Let me explain what they want with this BOM, There are 8 servers (Inside the enterprise) behind ASA FW and on public side there is 1 azure VM. From that VM User will RDP the servers with user/pwd only via firewall.

See, If i have Checkpoint here, there is identity awareness SSl vpn option with connect with radius and AD and i easliy done this, but now i have only this info in my BOM and i really want to achieve that solution or what is the solution i can achieve with this or what exactly i need in BOM?

Can you please help me out.

CISCO ASA 5506-X BOM
L-AC-PLS-3Y-S1Cisco AnyConnect Plus License, 3YR, 25-99 Users25
ASA5506-SEC-BUN-K9Cisco ASA 5506-X Network Security/Firewall Appliance - 8 Port  Desktop, Rack-mountable1
CON-SNTP-ASA550K93YR SNTC 24X7X4 ASA 5506 with FirePOWER1
ASA5506-PWR-AC=ASA 5506-X Power Adaptor1

Let me explain what they want with this BOM, There are 8 servers (Inside the enterprise) behind ASA FW and on public side there is 1 azure VM. From that VM User will RDP the servers with user/pwd only via firewall.

-From this Azure VM the user will RDP to inside server. Is the requirment is that this only Azure will RDP to the inside server? if yes than you have a configure a static nat rule. or does this Azure VM will be using cisco anyconnect software so they user can remote login from this VM to inside network behind fireall.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

5506-X EOL - suggest to look for Firepower 1XXX model

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card