cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5525 ruleset

kalen4101
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning/afternoon/evening depending on where in the world you call home.

Hoping this is an easy one for you all. My boss has asked me for a copy of the rule-set from our firewall. I did the copy start tftp command and have the start-up config but how do you get a copy of the current rule set?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@kalen4101 

I assume you are running ASA code and not FTD? The output of that command will copy the entire configuration of the ASA, if you want just the rule set from the ACLs, search the output and extract all the lines starting "access-list ...." - that is you ruleset.

HTH

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

@kalen4101 

I assume you are running ASA code and not FTD? The output of that command will copy the entire configuration of the ASA, if you want just the rule set from the ACLs, search the output and extract all the lines starting "access-list ...." - that is you ruleset.

HTH

Thanks. And if we are using FTD?

What version of FTD are you running? Are you using FDM or FMC to manage the device?

I believe the only way to export the configuration from FTD v6.5 is using API. You could use the similar method as the ASA (as above) however that will not provide full visiblity of the configuration. Alternatively for the FTD, it might be easier just to provide screenshots.

In FTD you can use "show access-control-config" from the cli. That will capture a lot of the bits that aren't shown in a simple "show running-config".

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

easy way is extract config in to your desktop and  add  to excel and look.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card