cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5525-X End of Life date ?

rt72
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot find any official document that states end of life date. There appears to be old threads and people keep sharing the link for 5525 which is not relevant.

7 Replies 7

There is currently no announced EOL / EOX for the ASA5525 appliance.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/security/asa-5525-x-adaptive-security-appliance/model.html

Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 17.55.43.png

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

@rt72 This product is bit confused. It doesnt have any EOL document yet. and it says still available to order in product page. but i cannot find it in ordering tool. only refurbished devices are available to order on this model. so i guess they already removed it from ordering tool so its EOL is soon to announce. 

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

That is for the license subscription not the ASA5525 device.

--

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The official EoX announcement is here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/asa-firepower-services/eos-eol-notice-c51-743545.html

Last date of sales was in September 2020.

Yes, the title states ASA 5525 and not ASA 5525-X but that is just a general product summary. If you scroll down to the table of affected part numbers you will see:

ASA5525-K9

^^ASA 5525-X with SW, 8GE Data, 1GE Mgmt, AC, 3DES/AES

But that is an EOL announcement for licenses subscription and not the actual ASA5525-X device.  As it stands right now, there currently is no EOL for the ASA5525-X device.

--

@Marius Gunnerud note the top paragraph (emphasis added):

"Cisco announces the end-of-sale and end-of-life dates for the Cisco ASA5525, ASA5545 & ASA5555 Series Security Appliance & 5 YR Subscriptions."

That announcement included all variations (Cisco's ordering Stock Keeping Units or SKUs) of ASA 5525 hardware plus the 5-year licenses. There was a subsequent announcement for the 3-year licenses when we approached 3 years prior to end of support.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card