Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5545X - Real Time Log Viewer and Netflow

TW80CJ5
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Everyone,

We are running a Cisco ASA 5545x with ASA 9.13(1) ASDM 7.13(1). We are configuring netflow on it to point to our SolarWinds NTA Server. The problem is, when we enable netflow to our NTA Server, we lose the real-time logging capability in ASDM. Is there a way to have both? It's really nice to have the real-time log viewer available when troubleshooting issues on the ASA.

Ideas and suggestions welcomed!!!!!

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

depends on configuration, they work on different config.

can you post the logging config to understand, did you configure both destinations in the logging config.

here is an example guide :

https://nxlog.co/documentation/nxlog-user-guide/cisco-asa.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

BB,

We really dont have a neflow config setup. When we were trying to config netflow in ASA ASDM, it removes real-time logging in ASDM, so removed netflow.

We are just wanting to point to our solarwinds NTA for netflow and have real-time logging on the ASDM.

since we do not know how you configured, so I can not comment on why it was not worked.

you can send logs to as many devices as you want in technically, so that is the reason I am more interested to look at the config.

or refer to the document I have referred to on other post.

BB

We updated the Netflow global object and started over with exporting the data out. Once we did that, we were able to use the real-time log viewer and see data in SolarWinds.

Thanks for the ideas and suggestions!!

Glad all sorted at last and working as expected.

BB

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card