Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5580-20 System LED Flashing Red

phmazzoni
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

A customer's ASA is presenting the System LED flashing red.I have already analysed the show tech-support and show environment output: Found nothing, everythink seems OK.

They are not experiencing problems with the appliance.

Do you have any tips?

Cisco ASA 5580-20 - 8.2.1

Single appliance, no failover, multiple context and transparent mode.

Thanks in advance,

Pedro Mazzoni

6 Replies 6

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Typically when the LED is flashing RED, there would have been syslog messages generated for that.

Since you have checked the show environment output and it's showing OK, I would open a TAC case to get it further investigated.

Allen P Chen
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

You can try accessing the diagnostic panel of the 5580 to see if it indicates where the problem might be.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/hw/maintenance/5580guide/procedures.html#wp1101358

Hope this helps!

Pavel Pokorny
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you find any problem checking rear panel of ASA?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/hw/maintenance/5580guide/overview.html#wp1034846

HTH

Pavel

I have checked both rear panel and the diagnostic panel, everything seems OK.

I will try to check syslog messages again and find any systems problems.

I have checked the syslog messages and found nothing. I have reloaded the Firewall and everything is OK now, but the customer is not satisfied at all.

Unfortunately I don't know what happened, even analysing syslog messages and show tech-support output.

Regards,

Pedro Mazzoni

I know this is an old post but I think this might be helpful to someone who might be having a similar issue with their ASA5580 with system led red and flashing.

With respect to the above issue  what you can also do is to reseat or remove all the memory and replace them back. I have done this several time and  it work, so give  it a try before RMA the unit.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card