Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA Lic Management during Failover

vishaw jasrotia
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Every one in Advance.

I am having two Cisco ASA 5515 running in failover. I have Any connect Prem. lic for 250 devices installed in one box.

Should I need another 250 device lic for my second box or  through failover it will be taken care off. If it will be taken care by failover, then what configuration required to enable this.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

From ASA 8.3 version onward, Anyconnect licenses are shared between the Failover devices. You do not have to do anything extra to achieve this. Just make sure your secondary box has the same Anyconnect images on the flash as the primary as this is not shared during failover. 

Thanks Rahul.

In my scenario, I have uploaded the 250 lic in one box and when that box is active , it is able to handle 100 + users session. But soon it become secondary then 2nd box which act as primary can handle max 2 session only. which comes as default . And it start giving error lic limit exceed.

hi,

can you post a show version on both primary and secondary FW? you can issue from primary FW a failover exec mate show version and failover exec mate show run | inc anyconnect

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: