Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA Migration

ja.aljaloud
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo,

i have a project migration from ASA 5515 to FTD. Now we have 5 ASA 5515, they are configured in cluster.

In the configuration we have ( Firewall, S2S VPNs, Remote VPN, NAT, Radius Server, RoutingStatic/ospf, inter-vlan, 2FA ).

Anyone has done this experince with Cisco Migration Tool!!!

How long it take, and if this tool can migrieren all the configuration, or shoud i manually some of the configuration???

Please any advices....

Thanks in advanced

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have a cluster of 5 ASA 5515-X? As far as I know, that model only supports two members in a cluster.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa912/configuration/general/asa-912-general-config/ha-cluster.html#ID-2170-00000361

Most of the bits you mention are generally supported in the migration tool. Go ahead and run int in your environment - it will generate pre- and post-migration reports telling you exactly what, if anything, could not be migrated.

sorry every 2 asa in one cluster, thats means i have 2 cluster and one asa work alone.

The customer wanna just 2 FWs ( Active,Standby), so its possible to migriert all the config to the new FWs ( FTDs)?!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card