Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA5585 Firepower upgrade

Why doesn't my ASA 5585 with firepower support sw-module command?

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Because it has a hardware Firepower service module, not a software one.

The software module only applies to all of the lower models of the 5500-X family. 

Hello Marvin,

Thank you for the helpful reply.actually my problem is that my firepower software version is 5.4.0.763 and i want to upgrade it to 6.2.3 but whenever i tried to add any preinstall or patch update file i receive incompatible version error. my firesight version is 5.4.0 do have any idea about this issue ?

thanks in advance for your kind help and support

BR

Amirkia

Hi Amirkia,

I can only advice to do a reimage of the module - the upgrade path is buggy and im pretty sure you will hit some erorrs. Policy wise it will be the same.

/Nikolaj

Your Firesight (now known as Firepower) Management Center must always be at or above the version of your managed sensors (Firepower Service modules, FTD devices or Firepower NGIPS appliances). That's probably why you are getting incompatible version messages.

As @Nikolaj Pabst mentioned, reimaging is your best bet for the module. Depending on your FMC configuration that's in place, it may even be the best bet for it as well. Otherwise you have to do a whole lot of sequential upgrades to move from your 3 year old version to something current. (6.2.3.3 is the current latest and recommended release.)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card