cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Firepower 1010 Appliance

Philip Curwen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I have a bunch of newer (4-5 month old) Cisco FPR-1010 devices. I have the outside interface plugged into a broadband modem with static IP. Sometimes the ISP has issues (Internet goes down intermittently) When it eventually comes up the outside inter face stays in the "Interface Ethernet1/1 "outside", is down, line protocol is down" It will not come back up unless I manually run the "no shut" command myself. Once I run this command the interface goes to "Interface Ethernet1/1 "outside", is up, line protocol is up" Is there anything that would keep the interface in the down/down state? it's happening on a few of them. I have tried changing from duplex auto to duplex full and speed auto to speed 1000. No difference. I have replaced the cables, replaced the network switch. Nothing helps. Cisco had a look at a "show tech" command and said they couldnt see anything wrong. Any ideas?

Cheers

4 Replies 4

seems like your ISP device needs some checks in duplex and speed settings. better set them to auto or you can play with other settings. 

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Do you know what type of device the ISP modem is?  is there a switch between the FTD and the ISP modem?  I am wondering if this might be an issue with MAC address being learned by the attached device.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Hi, it's a Hitron CODA-4582U Gigabit Cable Modem. Which has a built in 4 port 10/100/1000 switch. My Cisco is plugged into one of those switch ports. It works fine most of the time. But if the modem goes offline, my Ethernet 1/1 port stays in the down/down state until I run the "no shut" command.

Philip Curwen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, it's a Hitron CODA-4582U Gigabit Cable Modem. Which has a built in 4 port 10/100/1000 switch. My Cisco is plugged into one of those switch ports. It works fine most of the time. But if the modem goes offline, my Ethernet 1/1 port stays in the down/down state until I run the "no shut" command.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card