Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Firepower FPR-1120 >> Initial Setup

amh4y0001
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Have FPR-1120 (out of the box) and trying to connect but seems like User: admin and Password:Admin123 is not going to work for me.

Here is the device information:

I am connecting to Port2 and have the IP Address via DHCP as:

Have console connectivity as well:

Using https://192.168.1.1 I get the following: (even the Java is installed, but still this screen continue to mention either install local ASDM or Java etc).

When clicked on "Install SDM Launcher", authentication appears which I never succeeded to login with user name admin and password Admin123.

What might I am doing wrong?

17 Replies 17

@Rob Ingram  thanks for reply, highly appreciated your posts here, otherwise I was stuck on Cisco guides for the wrong image /software.

amh4y0001
Level 3
Level 3

thanks for reply.

can i use ssh 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 inside to enable ssh access to the inside interface from any IPv4?

And for wan ip /outside, i can specify a particular ip with following or you think it will security risk?

ssh 192.168.11.0 0.0.0.255 trust {replace it with wan /outside ip}

@amh4y0001 yes, you could use 0.0.0.0 for inside networks, generally though most administrators permit mgmt connectivity from known trusted internal networks, even internal networks.

Up to you if you permit ssh mgmt on the outside interface from a trusted known public IP address, just don't do it for 0.0.0.0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: