Helpful
Replies

Cisco FirePower threat defence virtual license question

mhdganji110
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please let me know if I'm right or wrong:

With a L-FPRTD-V-TMC-1Y License which is about $4090, I can have a virtual FTD NGFW up and running for 1 year, no extra cost for the VM itself. Am I right there? and the license is for the non-tiered version, no limitation on vCPU/Memory

Or I should pay another, about $9k to purchase the virtual machine itself with part number FPRTD-V-K9?

What I need is a Cisco FirePower threat defence VM for hosted ESXi with 1-y full signatures and updates of Malware, AV, IPS, URL filtering.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

FTDv purchase along the lines you asked about would look like the following:

FTDv pricing.PNG

Any authorized Cisco reseller can order that for you and likely pass along some discounts from the list price shown above.

PLR (Permanent License Reservation) cannot be purchased by just anyone. The purchaser needs to apply via their Cisco account manager and get formal Cisco approval (typically only granted to government organizations) before a PLR can be processed. The price is equivalent to the non-PLR variant.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is only feature License you need FTDv

check below :

https://ciscolicense.com/lic/cat/security/ftdv/

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks but so many pages like this and headaches for the people like me ..

For the need I mentioned above, Am I right that a FPRTD-V-K9 for the appliance itself and a L-FPRTD-V-TMC-1Y for 1y features (and their updates) should be purchased which totally cost about $15k together? I need about 1Gb IPS/IDS throughput.

And what is the price for a PLR license of FTDv? cannot find it on the net. Is it different or as the price for the condition I enumerated above and at the same prices?

FTDv purchase along the lines you asked about would look like the following:

FTDv pricing.PNG

Any authorized Cisco reseller can order that for you and likely pass along some discounts from the list price shown above.

PLR (Permanent License Reservation) cannot be purchased by just anyone. The purchaser needs to apply via their Cisco account manager and get formal Cisco approval (typically only granted to government organizations) before a PLR can be processed. The price is equivalent to the non-PLR variant.

mhdganji110
Level 1
Level 1

appreciated, and may I know which features are missing in a bse (seems to be a base license)? Some things like, I don't know  Anyconnect maybe or so and what is the license including all features (1Gb but full features instead of bse)?

Thanks in advance.

The FTDv base license gives you a firewall with no IPS, URL Filtering or Malware features licensed. So basically a newer version of an ASA stateful firewall. You get application visibility so a little bit more than the traditional ASA stateful firewall but not much.

AnyConnect licenses for remote access VPN are extra cost no matter what form factor you go with. The minimum purchase for use with FTD is 25 each.

So,  the FTD-V-10S-TMC adds the IPS, URL Filtering and Malware features to the FTD-10S-BSE-K9 so I would have a full feature IPS/IDS virtual appliance for one year with the purchase details you provided in the earlier post, Am I right here?

and BTW, is Antivirus features included in TMC license (in Malware feature or another separate part)?

Correct regarding the TMC SKU.

The Malware license will inspect files being transferred in unencrypted transport for malware but that is a small fraction of files being transferred since 80-90% of most traffic is via https. Antivirus or Malware protection is generally much more effectively done on your endpoints (and in your email system).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card