Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FMC 1600 Physical appliance - Software version 7.0.1 issue

laurathaqi
Level 3
Level 3

Dear community, 

I have a Cisco FMC 1600 Physical Appliance which I upgraded to software version 7.0.1, about two months ago. 

However lately it has started having following issue symptoms: 

1. Sometimes It will deploy in 32 days. 

2. Sometimes It's menus and buttons become unresponsive. 

3. Or even sometimes it becomes fully unresponsive and not opening. 

This is not happening all the time, but the issues, separately from each other, not all at once, come back time after time. 

Do you have any suggestion how I could possibly troubleshoot the issues and fix them? 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Thank you,

Laura 

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Its hard to say what is wrong here, most of these issue cause by overloaded with Logs,

is this FMC CPU ok ? do you see any Logs obnormal,

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firepower-ngfw/216081-troubleshoot-drain-of-fmc-unprocessed-ev.html

Since 7.0.1 is latest code, if you have contract worth open a Cisco TAC is advised here.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi @balaji.bandi 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. 

I have not been able to check on the resources of CPU, but my client said that the resources are ok. Yes, the tac-case is on-going, and am waiting toward a meeting with TAC. I will update you with the progress based on TAC troubleshooting. 

Best regards,

Laura

Sure, if the client says all ok, we should only believe and go further, since we do not have that visibility.

Sure TAC is way forward, if we do not see any obnormal.

BB

Hi @balaji.bandi 

The FMC did not cause any of the issues after upgrading to version 7.1.0+. Seems to have been some field notices about the issues of the version 7.0.1 causing slow performance. 

Best regards,

Laura  

If i were you, i go to TAC for investigation, since this is new version of code.

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card