Helpful
Replies

Cisco FMC Backup Limit (Auto/On-demand)

Agung1007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

Greetings,

Is there any limit for the Backup feature on FMC ?

for example, FMC limit the Auto-Backup (Recurring Backup) with only 10 Files (Considering by weekly auto-backup, which is 10 weeks), 

if more than 10 files backup, the oldest of backup is auto-delete by the system?

and is the on-demand backup counted as the 10 files limit as mentioned before? or "outside" of the limit for the auto-backup?

Or the FMC keep the file until the storage of backup is full (on local) ?

*even for auto-backup & on-demand backup

Much appreciated.

Thanks,

Best Regards.

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
if more than 10 files backup, the oldest of backup is auto-delete by the system?

yes as per i know either case  the oldest will be deleted.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Do you have a documentation regarding this?

what time/count that the system count the backup as "oldest" ?

Already search for the documentation but I have not yet found the statement "the system will auto-delete the oldest one" ?

Thanks!

i dont have in hand, will get that information soon, as i remember it was document some where .

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Got it!
much appreciated.

Regards.

Eric R. Jones
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, I have setup my FMC to do recurring backups but I haven't seen a limiting function or auto/on demand choice. I manually go in to the FMC Console, or into the remote backup location, and remove the oldest backups or backups not of the current version.

Hi,

what FMC are you using?

I'm using FMC 6.6.5 but still not found setting/function to limit how much/many backup FMC on the device.

Still we need to go "manually "  the backup file count ?
*to make sure the storage is not full

We started working with 6.6.2 back in Dec of 2020 and have been on 7.0.1 for a few months now. I've never found a way to automatically delete backup images in the FMC. It may be part of the FDM native to each device. 

FMC backups will fail if the target file system (local or remote) exceeds 90% utilization. I'm not aware of any feature allowing you to auto-delete older backups. I have found customer FMCs with many dozens of old backups.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card