Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FMC migration

beejrteek
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I writing to you because I can't find anywhere answer for my question. Basicly, I have migration from ASA(2xASA in failover active/standby) to FTD. I have 2xFTD 1140 and FMC. I want to migrate with minimal downtime, so in my LAB I prepared 1:1 mirror scenario. I migrated all config from ASA to my LAB FMC, I configured HA(failover) for FTD, I deployed configuration to FTD and I created backup from my LAB FMC and FTD(but for FTD I think that this is not necessary because when I replace ASA to FTD, FTD will has already configuration and should work properly).

In production envirmoment I deployed OVF with FMC, and during maintance window I will restore backup from my LAB FMC.

My question is: If I restore this backup, Will I see FTD? Or maybe this is other instance FMC and I need to remove manager from FTD CLI and reapply again ? What about HA ? Will I need to configure again ?

Can anyone have experience with that ?

I know that version of FMC,FTD must match, VDB also.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

beejrteek
Level 1
Level 1

I tested this situation and FMC automatically detected FTD and HA also. It doesn't need any additional changes. We can close this topic.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I suggest having a new manager connection, - since FMC holds all your config, so you can publish again to FTD before you going live.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Basicly, I asked about: If I restore backup configuration on production FMC, will FTD join automatically ? Or need I add it again ? I ask because for this moment FTD are joined to LAB FMC. If I need configure HA again ? 

beejrteek
Level 1
Level 1

I tested this situation and FMC automatically detected FTD and HA also. It doesn't need any additional changes. We can close this topic.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card