Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FMC migration

mikiNet
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I writing to you because I can't find anywhere answer for my question. Basicly, I have migration from ASA(2xASA in failover active/standby) to FTD. I have 2xFTD 1140 and FMC. I want to migrate with minimal downtime, so in my LAB I prepared 1:1 mirror scenario. I migrated all config from ASA to my LAB FMC, I configured HA(failover) for FTD, I deployed configuration to FTD and I created backup from my LAB FMC and FTD(but for FTD I think that this is not necessary because when I replace ASA to FTD, FTD will has already configuration and should work properly).

In production envirmoment I deployed OVF with FMC, and during maintance window I will restore backup from my LAB FMC.

My question is: If I restore this backup, Will I see FTD? Or maybe this is other instance FMC and I need to remove manager from FTD CLI and reapply again ? What about HA ? Will I need to configure again ?

Can anyone have experience with that ?

I know that version of FMC,FTD must match, VDB also.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mikiNet
Level 1
Level 1

I tested this situation and FMC automatically detected FTD and HA also. It doesn't need any additional changes. We can close this topic.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I suggest having a new manager connection, - since FMC holds all your config, so you can publish again to FTD before you going live.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Basicly, I asked about: If I restore backup configuration on production FMC, will FTD join automatically ? Or need I add it again ? I ask because for this moment FTD are joined to LAB FMC. If I need configure HA again ? 

mikiNet
Level 1
Level 1

I tested this situation and FMC automatically detected FTD and HA also. It doesn't need any additional changes. We can close this topic.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card