Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FTD interfaces monitoring

IamSamSaul
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team, 

I got two Cisco FTDs being managed by Cisco FMC. I'm looking for a way to monitor the interfaces (inside and outside) of both FTDs when there is change in their status i.e. Up, Down, when there is no traffic passing through them etc. 

I have installed a free version of Kiwi Syslog and configured SNMP in FMC under platform settings but unfortunately I'm not receiving any data on Syslog server. Am I missing something? Or maybe there are other ways to achieve this.

Thanks & Regards, 

Sam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@IamSamSaul well SNMP is what you need to monitor the device and get interface information. You wouldn't use a SYSLOG server when using SNMP for monitoring, you need an NMS that supports SNMP, such as PRTG or Solarwinds

Platform Settings is the correct place to configure SNMP settings.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

@IamSamSaul well SNMP is what you need to monitor the device and get interface information. You wouldn't use a SYSLOG server when using SNMP for monitoring, you need an NMS that supports SNMP, such as PRTG or Solarwinds

Platform Settings is the correct place to configure SNMP settings.

Thanks Rob for your reply. I'll install a trail version of PRTG (free for 100 sensors) and see I can get it working. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: