Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE and ServiceNow automation!!!

MD_SHAHNAWAZ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

i tried to find Cisco Documentation where i can get Cisco ISE and Servicenow automation.

i am trying to automate the Networkdevice addition/Deletion using servicenow, any documentation or link which help me to understand the process that would be great.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is now possible with ISE 3.2 using the feature called pxGrid Direct.

What's New in ISE 3.2 - Part 1

35:12 Cisco pxGrid Direct Overview (External Data Discovery and Action) with Service Now Database
38:10 Demo: Cisco pxGrid Direct (EDDA) with Service Now

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Paul Zimmerman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is now possible with ISE 3.2 using the feature called pxGrid Direct.

What's New in ISE 3.2 - Part 1

35:12 Cisco pxGrid Direct Overview (External Data Discovery and Action) with Service Now Database
38:10 Demo: Cisco pxGrid Direct (EDDA) with Service Now

Great video, thanks! But I miss the big picture here - Is this pxGrid Direct integration with ServiceNow CMDB just for adding additional data to the ISE custom attributes for existing endpoints? Or is it a way to fetch the complete identity, icluding the custom attributes, of the endpoints in the CMDB?

Hi Thomas
in the video "Administration/Network Resources/External Servers" is used. In ISE3.2 it's replaced with "Administration/Network Resources/pxGrid Direct Connectors". Not sure it changes workflow but is there updated video with exactly pxGrid Direct Connectors workflow?

UPD. I've followed procedure in LAB+devSNow of my customer & encountered n validation error with toplevel(Parent) object value of 'result'. moreover checking with API i can see there is predefined connector SNOW_CMDB (which is not visible in ISE UI). it has 'result' as TopLevelObject. But looks like SNow CMDB has no idea about this structure...