Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Policy Set for a specific switchport

Hi,

I've rolled out dot1x via Cisco ISE onto a customer user network. The user access switches are 2960X. The version of ISE is 2.7 Patch 2.

There are a few issues, specifically with a group of users. I want to created a new policy set for one user in particular and put this policy above the policy for everyone else. I want the policy to do the same as the working policy except for it to only allow a specific network port e.g. Switch5, interface Gi3/0/30. For here, they will get a test dACL that I will use for testing purposes

I have configured the following and enabled it but the user is still authenticating against the all users policy.

Unclassified : Normalised Radius : Radius Flow Type equals Wired802.1x

Network Device : Network Access : NetworkDeviceName equals switch5

Port : Radius : NAS-Port-ID equals Gi3/0/30

I hope all this makes sense. I've attached a few screenshot for clarification.

Thanks

Anthony.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Since these two policies are doing the exact same thing (except for the dACL) could you remove the nas-port-id condition (and the dACL) to verify that you are matching on the device name.  If this match is successful, then we know that the issue is with the port id.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

I removed the nas-port-id and found that it was the NAD device in ISE that was configured with a different name to the real switch name (embarrassing). Thanks for your help. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Since these two policies are doing the exact same thing (except for the dACL) could you remove the nas-port-id condition (and the dACL) to verify that you are matching on the device name.  If this match is successful, then we know that the issue is with the port id.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

I removed the nas-port-id and found that it was the NAD device in ISE that was configured with a different name to the real switch name (embarrassing). Thanks for your help. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card