Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Security Manager 4.3 standard install/setup

mahesh18
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Everyone,

We got this software from Cisco and we need to setup this in our network to manage the firewalls.

Need to know this software is used to centrally manage the firewalls ?

Also how i can i know how to setup this in our network?

Assuming this software we will first install on server right? it can be windows server ?

Second thing to know is what config changes we have to do on the existing and new ASA so that they can be managed centrally?

Also Where i will get the documents that tell me how to setup/install this software?

Thanks

MAhesh

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

CSM 4.x comes with everything you need to install.  Just have fresh windows 2008SP2 or 2008R2 SP1 and you can install CSM 4.3 without any issues.  The installation will take approximately about 1 hour.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi Jennifer,

I was reading the Deployment guide and it says that in order to install CSM 4.3 we should have installed Cisco Works

common services 4.0

Is this right?

Does the CSM4.3 comes with common services 4.0 software?

Thanks

MAhesh

CSM 4.x comes with everything you need to install.  Just have fresh windows 2008SP2 or 2008R2 SP1 and you can install CSM 4.3 without any issues.  The installation will take approximately about 1 hour.

hi david,

so i can use windows 2008 server to install them right?

Also i have new ASA  5515  that i want to monitor them through CSM.

Can you please tell me which ports in ASA has to be connected to the switch in order to CSM can monitor the ASA?

In other words what config i have to do on the ASA in order to CSM can work correctly?

So the setup will like this CSM  has connection to switch and all  other ASA  has also connection to same switch?

DO you have any topology diagram where i can see how we should do the setup?

Regards

MAhesh

hi Jeniffer & David,

Thanks a lot for giving me right info to start my project work

regards

mahesh

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card