Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Smart License-FirePower Authorization: Status: EVAL MODE

raza555
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have new FirePower ASA 1120 to register for Smart license.  I have used the usual process to get the Token form the Cisco Smart account and add it to the device. Although I have 10 devices license available but my license status remain as below;

==============================

FW/sec/act# sh license status

Smart Licensing is ENABLED

Utility:

Data Privacy:
Sending Hostname: yes
Callhome hostname privacy: DISABLED
Smart Licensing hostname privacy: DISABLED
Version privacy: DISABLED

Transport:
Type: Callhome

Smart Account: xxx LTD
Export-Controlled Functionality: ALLOWED
Initial Registration: SUCCEEDED on Feb 23 2023 13:52:29 GMT
Last Renewal Attempt: None
Next Renewal Attempt: Aug 22 2023 13:52:28 GMT
Registration Expires: Feb 23 2024 13:47:23 GMT

License Authorization:
Evaluation Period Remaining: 89 days, 15 hours, 21 minutes, 49 seconds
Last Communication Attempt: NOT STARTED
Failure reason: Communication not started.
Next Communication Attempt: None
Communication Deadline: None

Export Authorization Key:
Features Authorized:
<none>

Miscellaneus:
Custom Id: <empty>
FW/sec/act#

4 Replies 4

lciccare
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @raza555 .

Based on the output you provided, it appears that your device has been successfully registered for Smart Licensing but has not yet been authorized with the appropriate licenses.

The license authorization status shows that the device is currently in EVAL MODE, indicating that it is operating under an evaluation license.

Please, ensure that the appropriate licenses have been assigned to your Smart Account and then associate those licenses with your device. You can check the available licenses in your Smart Account by logging into the Cisco Smart Software Manager (CSSM) portal.

There are some prerequisites for smart licensing. This video from the official "Cisco Secure Firewall" channel can be very useful for your case Smart Licensing - ASA .

Also, check the official documentation for more info: Chapter: Licenses: Smart Software Licensing (ASAv, ASA on Firepower) 

f you find my reply solved your question or issue, kindly click the 'Accept as Solution' button and vote it as helpful.

You can also learn more about Cisco Secure Firewall (formerly known as NGFW) through our live Ask the Experts (ATXs) session. Check out Cisco Network Security ATXs Resources [https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-knowledge-base/cisco-network-security-ask-the-experts-resources/ta-p/4416493] to view the latest schedule for upcoming sessions, as well as the useful references, e.g. online guides, FAQs.

Kind regards,

Luca

Uploaded by Cisco Secure Firewall on 2020-07-15.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you provide a screen shot of your ASA Base licenses that exist in your Smart Account?

za[p
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Marvin, may i ask please... what it will happen after period of 90 days are reached... will firewall be unavailable? will he still pass data traffic ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card