Helpful
Replies

Cisco Sourcefire Sensor 3D2100 unable to do restore/reimage

sengjiunn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

Good day!

I have encountered problem to do reimaging/restore for Sourcefire Sensor 3D2100.

Issues descriptions: Unable to proceed with reimaging/restore of the sensor from software version 4.10 to 5.2, the screen as attached.

Current software version: 4.10.1

Steps done:

1. Copied restore image ‘Sourcefire_3D_Device_2100-5.3.0-571-Restore.iso’ into USB drive and boot from USB drive à detected, but the ‘System_Restore’ menu option still not listed
  2. Burned restore image ‘Sourcefire_3D_Device_2100-5.3.0-571-Restore.iso’ into DVD and boot from external DVD drive à detected, but the ‘System_Restore’ menu option still not listed
  3. Tried press ‘Ctrl + U’, but still enter the same red LILO Boot Menu screen à the ‘System_Restore’ menu option still not listed

I wonder if the boot option to boot to the reimage partition is not listed or missing in the BIOS was related to the drive might be missing the reimage system file or has been corrupted? Probably will it be to arrange for an RMA for this Sourcefire Sensor 3D2100? Looking forward to hear from you urgently.

Great thanks in advance!

Regards,

Steven

1 Reply 1

Dinesh Verma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Steven,

You can try the easiest way listed in this article. Link is mentioned below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firesight-management-center/118308-technote-firesight-00.html

Please let me know for any query.

Regards,

Dinesh Verma

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card