cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks Firewall Module Support

jjiles
Level 1
Level 1

We are using Firewall Modules in our Cat6500(s) (WS-SVC-FWM with FWSM 4.0(4)) to provide centralized firewall services to our users. I have been asked if there is any support for these blades in Ciscoworks. I don’t think these types of blade services have been integrated into Ciscoworks yet. We have the same issue with our wireless blades (WiSM)

I’m mostly interested on the ability to backup context configurations from the Firewall blades.

LMS 3.2 with RME 4.3.1 among others.

Thanks for any information.

Jorge A Jiles

1 Reply 1

stfuchs
Level 1
Level 1

The answer is yes, RME 4.3.1 support configuration management with the WS-SVC-FWM

Please refer to this link for a complete list of supported devices and modules.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/device_support/table/lms32sdt.html

However, there is a enhancement bug opened as well that I think you will be interested in based on

the ability to backup context configurations from the Firewall blades.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsl65838

CSCsl65838            Bug Details

Multicontext Firewalls should have ALL contexts archived from admin

Symptom:

For firewalls that support multiple  contexts, RME does not archive all the context configs if just the admin  context IP is in the seedfile.

Conditions:

Firewalls that support multiple contexts.

Workaround:

Manage each context configuration as an individual, separate device in RME.

Further Problem Description:

This  capability should be added to RME so that the customer is not required  to have IP reachability to each context and individually put that  context into RME.

All the contexts can be accessed from the Admin  context by changeto context system.  Then either fetch the configs from  the file system (dir) or changeto each context and get its config.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card