Views
Helpful
Replies

client service port change

thomasandy32
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I want to change the client service port from 443 to some other port, I want to know which port range should be used for this client services, if I m not wrong the private port cannot be used.

crypto ikev2 enable OUTSIDE client-services port 443

crypto ikev2 enable OUTSIDE client-services port  ?????

Ports with numbers 01023 are called system or well-known ports; ports with numbers 1024-49151 are called user or registered ports, and ports with numbers 49152-65535 are called dynamic and/or private ports.

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Thomas,

why would you want to change it?

have you got one public IP or something and you are already running a webserver that responds to 443?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

I am giving my customer anyconnect vpn client directly by dropbox I want to disable the client services completely or to some other port  so that the public IP should not be accessible from Internet on well know port.(443)

Hence whenever the user wants the anyconnect client and when they enter in their browser https//:publicip the certificate presented to the user is a CA signed still the direct access to the public ip on port 443 is a risk ???

if it is a risk then I shld change to some other port or I have to disable them, once disabling I hope it will not affect the other site to site IKEv2 vpn ??

thanks

thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card