Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration of DMZ in Cisco Pix

kjanakiraman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have cisco pix 515 with three interface cards. I have configured one as outside and the other as inside and i am hosting all my webservers,mail servers in the inside network. The internal interface card is connected to Cisco 3640 Router and then to our internal network. Now i wanted to move the public access webservers and mail servers behind the other interface card of the pix so that i could block all the incomming ports for my internal network and open the necessary ports in the other interface card for the public servers. Can some advice me how to proceed in this.

Thanks in Advance

1 Reply 1

ozsmac
Level 1
Level 1

Shouldn't be too much of a problem. First thing i would recommend is to upgrade your PIX to the latest versions of code, specifically PDM (PIX Device Manager). The configuration issues should be a whole lot simpler with PDM.

With the creation of your new network zone, dmz, your major choice is to establish how you are going to deal with NAT. Given that you already have internal devices shown publicly i would suspect you have NAT statements already, all you should need do is re address the hosts and change the NAT statements.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card