Helpful
Replies

Configure 'syslog logging facility' is equal to '23'

sv7
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

Have two query it would be great help if anyone helps

1) My company management wants to configure 'syslog logging facility' is equal to '23' is it possible to do that in ASA ?.

Also need to reconfigure rsa key pair equal or greater than 2048 replacing current 1024. Would changing rsa key pair will lose my SSH access to ASA. ?

Regards,

Vishal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Balaji,

Thank you for reply. Would only using the below command will work for my ssh to rework for rsa keypair 2048 or anything else i also need to do

crypto key generate rsa modulus 2048

Also for syslog logging facility i found below command which looks as per my requirement.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
1) My company management wants to configure 'syslog logging facility' is equal to '23' is it possible to do that in ASA ?.

0 - 7 are severity levels and

16 - 23 are facility levels

ASA / PIX Facility Number Syslog Facility Name
16 LOCAL0
17 LOCAL1
18 LOCAL2
19 LOCAL3
20 LOCAL4
21 LOCAL5
22 LOCAL6
23 LOCAL7

Also need to reconfigure rsa key pair equal or greater than 2048 replacing current 1024. Would changing rsa key pair will lose my SSH access to ASA. ?

--- config)# crypto key generate rsa modulus 2048

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello Balaji,

Thank you for reply. Would only using the below command will work for my ssh to rework for rsa keypair 2048 or anything else i also need to do

crypto key generate rsa modulus 2048

Also for syslog logging facility i found below command which looks as per my requirement.

if that key bit meet the requirement, suggest to do some config from console, since you changing the ssh keys.

test and advise.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card