Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring a Firewall before site installation

hayden101
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

We've got a CISCO Firepower 1010 to be installed in a clients office for a server.

We'll be replacing an old firewall from a different manufacturer and the idea is to have the system run identically, but with the new modern hardware. This is mostly used for site-site VPN connection and a few remote access clients.

An issue we have though is getting licensing etc. configured due to the smart licensing on the system. Eventually we'll have an internet connection and can use it. But the server is installed in a small spare room miles from our office. So we want it all configured before going there.

Problem is that I can't use the required encryption algorithms until I have an internet connection and can license it, but I can't get that connection until the VPNs are basically configured and ready to go when deployed.

How have others gotten around this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Most cases these kind of situation,we do these testing in staging area, just simulate like a client environment and test it.

when all working as expected, the only required to change on the IP address on the WAN side (when you have or these can be configured on the remote site when you install and change it).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Probably this video on low-touch provisioning can help you with what you need to achieve, definitely is meant for larger organizations but considering it should scale by the number of units you register I'd give it a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98BhkxxqX7k

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Most cases these kind of situation,we do these testing in staging area, just simulate like a client environment and test it.

when all working as expected, the only required to change on the IP address on the WAN side (when you have or these can be configured on the remote site when you install and change it).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Think that would be best option, thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card