Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring failover state on secondary - active ASA

Hello,

I have an ASA firewall pair configured as active/standby but the previous administrator did not configure the failover state. The current active firewall is the secondary. What do I need to configure in order for a successful implementation of the state? Do I only configure state link and IP address on the secondary - active or do i need to do something else?

Regards,

Nicos

TIA, Nicos Nicolaides
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Stateful failover is optional and can use either a dedicated link or the same one already used for the basic failover functionality..

To add it, follow steps 5-7 of the Configuration Guide section on configuring failover. Note you'll need to setup the statelink commands on the standby unit as well - setting up the failover links is one of the few things that must be done separately on both the active and standby units.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Stateful failover is optional and can use either a dedicated link or the same one already used for the basic failover functionality..

To add it, follow steps 5-7 of the Configuration Guide section on configuring failover. Note you'll need to setup the statelink commands on the standby unit as well - setting up the failover links is one of the few things that must be done separately on both the active and standby units.

Hello,

Since I have resolved the issue, it would be nice to share it.

When you configure the state configuration, it automatically gets copied to both firewalls and enabled by default. So it was quite easy.

TIA, Nicos Nicolaides
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card