cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring NTP on Firepower module

Colin Higgins
Level 2
Level 2

Does anyone know how I can configure NTP on a Cisco FirePower module for a ASA5500 series FW?

I did the initial setup, registered the module with my defense center, but now I need to change the NTP settings. Can't seem to figure out where to do this, and if I go through setup again, I am worried it is going to mess up my registration.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The best and recommended way to setup NTP is to make it part of the system policy in the FireSIGHT Management Center (FMC).

System > Local > System Policy. Go under Time synchronization and there in the Supported Platforms section set the NTP to be "Via NTP from Defense Center" (aka FMC). Higher up in that section, point your "Defense Center" to an authoritative NTP server or set of servers. Save policy and Exit and then deploy it.

Otherwise you have to run setup on the module again. It should pre-populate the setup questions with the current system values.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The best and recommended way to setup NTP is to make it part of the system policy in the FireSIGHT Management Center (FMC).

System > Local > System Policy. Go under Time synchronization and there in the Supported Platforms section set the NTP to be "Via NTP from Defense Center" (aka FMC). Higher up in that section, point your "Defense Center" to an authoritative NTP server or set of servers. Save policy and Exit and then deploy it.

Otherwise you have to run setup on the module again. It should pre-populate the setup questions with the current system values.

Thanks Marvin! Everything is green now

@marvivWhere should I be able to find the system policy from fmc version 6.6.5 ?

@MSJ1 look under System (Gear icon) > Configuration > Time Synchronization.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card