cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Confused as heck with Management Interface change to Data ethernet1/1

keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

I am hoping I can get someone here to clear this up for me. I have discussed this in previous threads and I am still confused. The confusion I have is this. I am staging FTDs off the same subnet the FMC resides in so therefore to apply my configured policies etc I registered the FTD with the FMC on the same subnet FTD 192.168.2.11 FMC 192.168.2.16. So if I do show managers it shows 192.168.2.16. As a last step prior to taking the FTD to remote site I also would configure network command which would change the original management interface to a static IP address of the remote site and inside gateway for that site say 192.168.3.11 and Gateway 192.168.3.1. So now at remote site I plug in get to 192.168.3.1 gateway etc 

The confusion is that if changing management to the data management interface of the FTD  67.87.99.253 (Just an example) then the FMC at HQ needs to connect with 67.87.99.253 to manage. The problem is if I do all the above and console into the FTD at the remote site & do show managers it would still say 192.168.2 16 (FMC at HQ)  and be a problem would it not??? Wouldn't I need to reregister at this point ??? 

2 Replies 2

keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

Hey all I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I successfully registered a remote FTD over the data interface to an FMC that is behind an ASA 5500 series firewall. Rob, Marvin , Alan thank you guys for the assistance on this. 

Awesome! Nice work. I know the documentation is as clear as mud. I assume it will get better over time. I believe the ability to do what you did only became available in v7.0. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card