Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA Upgrade prevented by mandatory policy

Massheder01
Level 1
Level 1

I have taken on managing a CSA MC with version 4.0.3.739 + 4.5.0.565 agents

I cannot upgrade the 4.0.3.739 agents to 4.5 because of the mandatory Windows System Module preventing any action to the Agent Service Control. If I remove the mandatory WSM this impacts all groups, which I don't want to risk.

Is there a safe way to upgrade hosts to 4.5 or a policy template available that will temporarily override the mandatory WSM?

Is there a more detailed document available that addresses this type of scenario and others when upgrading, other than this -ccmigration_09186a00804211c7.pdf on the CSA section of Cisco.com under troubleshooting.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

4 Replies 4

Massheder01
Level 1
Level 1

Following a reboot of the client PC the new 4.5 agent is installed (as part of the quiet install option) and appears in the 4.5 MC under hosts.

The only problem now is that I cannot generate new Agent kits in 4.5 MC. Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks

Mark

What happens when you try?

The process of creating a new Agent kit works right upto the point where you select and it works through generating programs for the following hosts. Then the process changes to attaching rules to agent kits but generates an error - "An error occurred while processing this request. Please make sure the URL you are trying to access is correct. If the problem persists, contact Cisco Systems technical support: tac@cisco.com".

I can generate agent kits in 4.0.3.x so I am wondering if 4.5.x has a bug?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

I removed the CSA agent v4.0.3.720 on the VMS server and tested Agent Kit creation - Success!!

Then installed CSA agent V4.5.0.565 on the VMS server and it still works.

Thanks Cisco TAC, great job!!

Mark

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card