cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM 4.0 SP1 - Restore Factory Defaults

cmorosusa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all. We need to restore factory defaults on a CSM 4.0 SP1  server, and need to do it without re-installing the server. Can't find  an option to do this, so that CSM can start from scratch with no devices  or policies, and with all default settings. Is there a way to do this? I  believe just deleting devices and policies will not cut it, we need to  make sure that the database is clean and factory default.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Stefano De Crescenzo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

mm, I could not find the proper documentation (i see it for LMS...) anyway, you can try the following:

1- stop the server

net stop crmdmgtd

2- Erase the DBs

set NMSROOT=c:\progra~2\cscopx

%NMSROOT%\bin\perl %NMSROOT%\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=cmf dmprefix=Cmf npwd=admin

%NMSROOT%\bin\perl %NMSROOT%\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=vms dmprefix=vms npwd=admin

If using Performance Monitoring (MCP):

%NMSROOT%\bin\perl %NMSROOT%\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=mcp dmprefix=mcp npwd=admin

NOTE:

NMROOT is the root where CSM is installed. I am assuming you are using default settings for Win2008 but you need to change if you installed somewhere else

3- restart the server.

net start crmdmgtd

Please note that all you data will be lost. Also, make sure to have the license handy as it might be required to install the license again.

Also I would suggest you do a backup of your DB before you perform these steps

Stefano

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card